This easy celery juice weight loss recipe is astoundingly delicious and great for overall health! For best results drink 16 ounces of straight celery juice on an empty stomach every day, first thing in the morning and at night. It's a great way to get all the health benefits and we include tips for making green juices using a blender or juicer at a fraction of the cost of grocery stores.
There is a big celery juice craze going, and for good reason too! It's the best way to consume an instant celery juice weight loss drink.
Plus it offers loads of health benefits too, from preventing chronic illness, heart disease, and improving the immune system to acting as a natural energizer without caffeine! It is best to drink plain celery juice without anything added such as lime juice.
We love drinking this healthy drink right away in the morning or for an afternoon pick-me-up as much as our fresh mango juice, watermelon juice, detox beet juice, green machine juice, detox water, apple cider vinegar drink, and warm lemon water beverages (to name a few).
Why drinking this celery juice recipe is so great
- Homemade celery juice is much cheaper to make at home than store-bought! Forget spending loads of money on fresh juice from the store. You can make it easily at home in both a juicer or a blender for far less money.
- No juicer, no problem! This delicious celery juice recipe gives you every tool and step to make it in a blender if you do not have a juicer. One of the best juicers to use is a Breville juicer (affiliate link).
- Promotes weight loss, and improves the function of the digestive system plus more astounding health benefits! Better digestive tract helps to promote weight loss as the body is more capable of breaking down foods. This celery juice (weight loss recipe) also helps to decrease acid reflux, uncomfortable indigestion, and overall improve digestive health.
- Celery has incredible medicinal and therapeutic properties! It is clear that celery, in concentration can have varied healing effects. It is from the apiaceae family, grown in Europe and Asia, is rich in antioxidants, and a vegetable you want to enjoy everyday after reading our benefits list below that goes on and on of all the MIND BLOWING health benefits of celery!
- High powered blender such as a Vitamix (affiliate links)
- Fresh cold pressed juicer such as Breville juicer
- Organic celery stalks
- water (use water only if using a blender)
Use an entire large bunch of celery, preferably organic. I am talking a whopping 8-10 celery stalks that come in a bunch. I promise you it is not too much and it will not harm you, only benefit your wellbeing.
Organic is best but if you can not, make sure to wash really well the celery to rinse away pesticide sprays that were used during harvesting and farming.
After washing the celery stalks/bunch discard the leaves as they can add a bitter taste to celery juice. This celery juice recipe can be made in either a blender by adding water or a juicer just using celery.
Instructions in a blender
STEP 1: Wash the celery and chop off both ends, discarding the leaves.
STEP 2: Chop the celery and add it to a high powered blender (I use a Vitamix). ONLY IF NEEDED, add up to ⅓ cup of fresh water. The water helps the celery stalks to mix and not get stuck. But see tips below as to get the maximum benefits of celery juice, as it is best consumed alone with nothing added to receive its healing benefits (so make sure that blade is sharp!).
STEP 3: Blend on high like you would a smoothie until it becomes a fine puree. Place a cheese cloth or nut bag over a bowl and pour the pureed celery juice in the bag. Squeeze it to separate the celery fibers from the liquid. Discard the celery "meat" or save it for smoothies, or to add to meatloaf or baked goods.
STEP 4: Pour the liquid in a glass and enjoy this celery juice recipe right away fresh!
Here's how to make celery weight loss juice in a juicer.
STEP 1: Wash off the celery and cut away the celery leaves and base.
STEP 2: Add the washed and prepared celery to the juicer. After it is done, pour the juice in a glass and enjoy!
Hint: For maximum celery juice weight loss benefits, do not add any water or other liquids, just celery stalks and no leaves.
- This fresh pressed celery juice is best consumed within 24 hours and no more than 2 days. It holds the most amount of nutrients right when it is blended and the juice is extracted. Nutrition starts to deplete as time passes so drinking it right away is best.
- Per Anthony William, author of Medical Medium, it is important to drink fresh celery juice and consumed alone with nothing added to receive its healing benefits. Do not add lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, added fruit and greens, collagen or protein powder, water, or consume HPP bottled celery juice. I understand if you do not have a juicer, you can still enjoy some of the nutrients so I offer this method with adding a bit of water but know it does not provide the maximum benefits like fresh juicing does.
Store fresh juice in the refrigerator in a sealed jar or airtight container for up to 2 days. Consume within 24 for the best nutrition.
Celery is the superfood of all mankind. Celery juice benefits are that it can prevent cardiovascular diseases by reducing glucose, blood lipids, and high blood pressure. It also helps with jaundice, liver disease, urinary tract obstruction, rheumatic disorders, gout, bronchitis, asthma, chronic skin disorders, vomiting, fever, tumors, anti-inflammatory properties, antifungal, antibacterial, is full of antioxidants, and collects free radicals that live in the body. Whew!!! That is a whole lot to love about celery!
Not only that but here is a break down of what you get and how you feel:
- clearer skin
- better sleep
- recharged liver function
- decreased inflammation
- antioxidant and immunity booster
- asthma relief
- cardiovascular disease prevention
- can improve rheumatoid arthritis
- better digestion
- weight loss
- cleaner from the inside out
Benefits of drinking celery weight loss juice on an empty stomach
Aim to drink 16 ounces of celery juice right away in the morning and at the end of the day. This allows for optimal digestion, absorption, and healing benefits.
Drinking celery juice works different than eating just a celery stalk. The juice does not have the fibers to break down so the body absorbs the nutrients more effectively and efficiently.
Ultimately the goal is to drink 16 ounces every morning and evening (32 ounces total). If that seems to be too much just sip it in 4 ounce increments and wait 20 minutes before eating or consuming anything else. This is a fantastic way to start and end each day to jumpstart the metabolism and promote weight loss!
Celery takes more calories to digest than the green vegetable has in it. So your body burns more calories digesting celery than the calories consumed. When the body burns more calories than it consumes the result is weight loss.
When you drink celery juice every day you start to have clearer skin, a more positive mood, less anxiety, more energy and better sleeping patterns. If consumed with the right diet you experience less indigestion and weight loss!
Juicing celery rather than eating it whole in a stalk with all its fibers allows the body to digest it properly and absorb more of the nutrients from celery such as essential vitamins and minerals such as calcium, folate, vitamin B6, vitamin K, and vitamin C.
Celery takes more calories to consume and digest than it has consists of so yes celery burns fat. There are about 50 calories in this celery juice weight loss recipe and it takes more calories to burn that off meaning it can help with weight loss.
Celery juice is mostly made of water, is high in antioxidants and low in sugar which can help with clearer skin.
Related Detox Recipes
If you make this celery juice weight loss recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
Celery Juice (Weight Loss Recipe)
- 1 bunch organic celery end and leaves removed (about 8-10 stalks)
- Wash the celery and chop off both ends, discarding the leaves.
In a Blender
- Chop the celery and add it to a high powered blender (I use a Vitamix). Only if it is hard to blend, add up to ⅓ cup of fresh water. The water helps the celery stalks to mix and not get stuck. But please note that celery juice should be made fresh and consumed alone with nothing added to receive its healing benefits (so make sure that blade is sharp!) and see notes below on this.
- Blend on high like you would a smoothie until it becomes a fine puree. Place a cheese cloth or nut bag over a bowl and pour the pureed celery juice in the bag. Squeeze it to separate the celery fibers from the liquid. Discard the celery "meat" or save it for smoothies, or to add to meatloaf or baked goods.
- Pour the juice in a glass. Enjoy!
In a Juicer
- If using a juicer, add the washed and prepared celery to the juicer. After it is done, pour the juice in a glass and enjoy!
Linda Purl says
Danielle Fahrenkrug says
Thank you so much Linda!