You'll love this easy tropical recipe for mango juice made in a blender in 10 minutes! It is the best! Mango nectar is fresh, raw, and refreshing for sipping or in cocktails - made with fresh or frozen mangos!
Mango juice is delicious and incredibly nutritious! Try this fresh homemade mango juice recipe in a mango vodka cocktail, jackfruit mango smoothie, or a skinny mango black tea cocktail.
About mango juice and why it's the best
- If you've never had freshly made real homemade mango juice you are in for a real treat! Any kind of homemade nectar is the best and you can control any added sugars. This juice is delicious, refreshing, smooth, sweet & tangy. Plus, it doesn't even compare to a store-bought version. Freshly made, this is legit the best mango juice!
- Works best in a blender rather than a juicer. I make a lot of homemade juicing recipes using both a blender or using a juicer. Mango juice doesn't work in a juicer since it is fibrous fruit and that is where most of the flavor comes from. It just needs a liquid to water it down - that's it and it's so easy!
- This homemade real fruit juice is the perfect addition to smoothies, cocktails, or to turn into popsicles. And it is so easy to make! One of our favorites is to add it to this mango vodka drink and black tea cocktail for natural fresh flavor without loads of extra sugar (and added processed white sugars!).
- There are no added sugars in this mango juice recipe. Just fresh mango puree that is made from mango or frozen chunks blended with water to liquify for drinking. Its naturally sweet, refreshing, and an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium.
Choose mangos at the peek of their season for the sweetest and most flavorful drink! You can make this year-round by freezing the pulp, and thawing it when you are ready to make fresh pressed mango juice in the blender!
- 2 large mangos or 2 cups frozen mango chunks thawed
- sugar such as xylitol, monk fruit, or honey (so it is natural and healthy!)
- water or coconut water
- lemon juice
How to make mango juice with fresh mangos
First, here are a few ways to cut a mango and separate the pulp from the skin.
How to cut mango: Cut down the sides of the mango, then slice horizontal and across but not through the flesh. Use a knife or spoon to scoop out the pulp.
Blend the fresh fruit drink in a blender: In a blender add the prepared pulp, liquid of either water or coconut water, sweetener, and lemon juice.
Blend until smooth and serve right away chilled over ice. It is a little thick and you can add more water if you prefer, although the lemon citrus acid helps to cut down the fibers into a smooth consistency. *Optional to add a splash of orange juice to the drink for extra flavor!
Types of mangos for juicing
How to choose the right type of mango for your juice? You can use any type of mango such as Kent, Keitt, Tommy Adkins, and honey mangoes. My kids and I especially love it with the large greenish red ones found at the grocery store, also known as Kent, Keitt, or Tommy Adkins ones.
Frequently Asked Questions
The health benefits of mango juice include stimulating digestion, lowering blood pressure, managing diabetes, boosting circulation, improving vision health, supporting the immune system, anticancer potential, help prevents chronic disease, improve skin health, lower cholesterol levels, balances acidity levels in the body to keep it alkaline.
Fresh made mango juice (not from concentration) is one of the healthiest juice recipes to drink! It is extremely nutritious and loaded with vitamins A, C, B, E and K. It also contains high amounts of potassium calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, selenium and sodium.
These easy steps show you how to make a glass of fresh mango juice!
1. Chill the mangos then remove the pulp from the skin.
2. Add the mango chunks to a blender with monk fruit, water, and lemon juice.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. Serve immediately chilled over ice.
More healthy homemade juice recipes
- Watermelon Juice
- Celery Juice
- Beet Juice
- Green Detox Juice
- Pineapple Orange Juice
- Carrot Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
- Aloe Vera Juice
Add mango nectar to these drinks
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER for a feature and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to give the recipe a star rating in the recipe area and leave a comment below.
Homemade Mango Juice Recipe
- 2 large mangos or 2 cups frozen chunks that are thawed or 2 cups pulp precut
- 2 tablespoons sugar such as honey, xylitol, monk fruit
- 2 cups water chilled, or chilled coconut water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Wash the mangos and chill in the refrigerator so that the skin is easier to remove and it's nice and chilled for drinking.
- Cut the mango into cubes by cutting down the side of the core and then dicing the side slices into cubes but not through the flesh. Then use a spoon or knife to scoop out the pulp. Remove any soft pulp around the fibrous core. Add the mango pulp to a blender.
- Pour in the water or coconut water, sugar, and lemon juice. Blend for about 15 seconds or until smooth.
- Serve mango juice immediately chilled or over ice.
Pin, Save, and Share!
Leave a Reply