Supercharge your body to thrive with these fantastic healthy juicing recipes! A juice cleanse supports weight loss, detoxification, and promote healthy digestion, in addition to hydrating and cleansing the body from within to promote more energy and healing!
healthy juicing juice cleanse recipes
Juicing is a nutritious whole food, fun, and easy way to give your body vitamins and minerals it needs to thrive and cleanse! Juicing recipes for weight loss, detox, energy, inflammation, and to promote healthy digestion, are an instant way to cleanse, and it allows you to know exactly what you are putting into your body.
We share 6 of our BEST healthy juicing recipes that can be made either in a blender or a juicer, since we know not everyone owns a juicer. We show 4 colors in the images, so choose your favorite fresh pressed green drink, or enjoy both! Click the links to each of these detox juicing recipes, or simply print the recipes together at the end of this article. It saves loads of money juicing at home!
- Green Detox Juice – baby kale leaves, romaine lettuce, a chard leaf, cucumber, celery stalk, apple, lemon, lime, and fresh ginger
- Celery Juice For Weight Loss – celery stalks
- Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Juice – carrots, cucumber, navel orange, fresh ginger, cinnamon, lemon
- Detox Beet Juice – raw beet, gala or honeycrisp apple, carrot, lemon, fresh ginger
- Pineapple Orange Juice – fresh pineapple chunks, navel orange, fresh ginger
- Grapefruit Juice Recipe (Weight Loss and Fat Burn) – grapefruit, lime, orange, then add these in after juicing: apple cider vinegar, maple syrup or honey
1. Green Machine Juice
This beautiful green juice is a great way to get a daily dose of greens in an instant! Green juice is beneficial to cleanse the body for weight loss, promote vibrant skin, increases hydration, energy, reduce hypertension and flush away toxins!
For use in a blender I like to add coconut water for improving the blending and also for potassium and extra hydration, or blend in aloe vera.
2. Celery Juice for Weight Loss
This is a bonus green juice because drinking celery juice first thing before other foods is one of the most energizing beverages you can drink and it promotes weight loss big-time. Celery stimulates digestion and speeds up the metabolism. Each stalk also contains less calories in it than it takes the body to break down to fibers. Since juicing removes the fibers in fruits and vegetables, the body instantly works to absorb the nutrients.
The nutrients in celery work to prevent cardiovascular diseases by reducing glucose, blood lipids, and blood pressure. Celery also helps with jaundice, liver disease, urinary tract obstruction, rheumatic disorders, gout, bronchitis, asthma, chronic skin disorders, vomiting, fever, tumors, anti-inflammatory properties, antifungal, antibacterial, and collects free radicals that live in the body. [source]
3. Cinnamon Ginger Carrot Juice
Let's just call this the vision and anti-inflammatory juice. Because it is a lovely carrot juice recipe that supports vision and provides anti-inflammatory properties.
Carrot root are made up of rich nutrients that contain phytochemicals which have powerful health benefits including carotenoids, vitamins, and fiber and is also rich in minerals, and antioxidants. All of these improve and reduce inflammation, digestion disorders, and contain higher nutrition [source].
The addition of cinnamon and ginger reduce inflammation and support arthritis which is just a bonus of this vision improving drink!
4. Detox Beet Juice
A vibrant magenta colored drink that works to support healthy blood flow and cleanse the blood. There is no magic tool for detoxing as the body naturally is able to detox through the liver. It happens at night as we sleep, which is the time the body repairs cells and organs. But sometimes we need a little detoxification boost to the blood and organs and drinking beet juice supports that.
This healthy and easy homemade beet juice recipe comes together quickly with ingredients that detox for a body cleanse, blood cleanse, to help with weight loss, improve skin, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, protects liver damage, provides anti-cancer properties and increase energy [source]!
5. Pineapple Orange Juice
The combination of orange and pineapple fresh pressed juice is beyond delicious! This morning juicing recipe is a refreshing way to boost the immune system and start the day!
Oranges and pineapple are loaded with water, fiber, and vitamin C, which helps to flush away toxins from the body and boost the immune system. Juicing the fruit is a great way to get all those nutrients!
6. Grapefruit Juice Recipe for Weight Loss and Burn Fat
This refreshing weight loss drink tastes absolutely delicious! Grapefruit juice can get a bad rap for tasting bitter, but this beverage is the best one around! It is made with fresh squeezed pink grapefruit, lime, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, and maple syrup to instantly jumpstart digestion, support losing weight, and burn fat!
Health benefits of a detox juice cleanse
To regain REAL health, we must eat and properly digest real whole foods. The digestive system allows us to eat, break down, and absorb our food. What we eat turns into energy that supports healing and functioning of the body. Juicing removes the fibers from whole foods and produce, so that the body does not have to digest and break them down, but instead, focuses on quick absorption of the nutrients. The results that are experienced from a juice cleanse are:
recharged liver function
stronger immune system
cardiovascular disease prevention
Can you lose weight juicing?
Yes you bet your waistline you can! Juicing to lose weight is very common, as it stimulates digestion to rev-up the metabolism and they are wonderful detox drinks to consume. Juicing recipes, and pure juice drinks in general are usually low fat, and the body easily absorbs nutrients quicker than having to digest fibers. These natural weight loss drinks should be consumed in intermediate fasting or in a 3-5 day juice cleanse max for the best results. That is enough time for your body to start healing and see weight loss results. You can also do a 1 day body cleanse to start a reset on the body and see how you do.
What are the best fruits and vegetables to use for juicing?
DO EAT FRESH:
- dark leafy greens such as kale, spinach, chard, cilantro, parsley, basil, mint
- lettuce like romaine leaves
- citrus including lemon, lime, grapefruit, oranges
- ginger root
- turmeric root
Which blenders should I use?
Personally I love a high powered Vitamix. The quality is epic and phenomenally worth the investment. The comparison is very noticeably different from when using a standard blender to a Vitamix blender. And there are different price options to choose from. Next, if using a blender you will need to strain the fibers from the fruits and vegetables so I suggest using this mesh or nut bag.
Which juicers should I use?
Tips for juicing
Process the bulk fruits and vegetables that are hearty like apples, pears, fresh ginger, and carrots, to name a few, first. Then add in the leafy greens and herbs such as lettuce and parsley. To finish, end with watery fruits and vegetables such as cucumbers and watermelon which “flush out” the juicer.
More cleansing homemade juice drinks to make
If you make any of these homemade juicing recipes from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don't forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area and leave a comment below!
5 Best Healthy Juicing Recipes
Green Machine Juice
- 1 cup baby kale leaves packed
- 1 cup romaine lettuce packed
- 1 large chard leaf
- 1 cucumber or ½ an extra long English cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 inch ginger root
- 1 bunch celery stalks end and leaves removed (about 8-10 stalks)
- 10 carrots (1 lb), peeled, washed and ends removed
- ½ cucumber medium
- 1 navel orange
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ lemon
Detox Beet Juice
- 1 1 large raw beet
- 1 gala or honeycrisp apple
- 2 large carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Pineapple Orange Juice
- 1 cup ripe pineapple peeled and diced
- 1 navel orange
- 1 inch fresh ginger
Grapefruit Juice Recipe
- 3 grapefruit
- 1 lime
- ¼ navel orange
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (acv)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Wash and prep the produce and peel as needed. Add the produce to juicer one at a time starting with hard stuff to the leafy greens and water condensed produce. Add any extra acv or maple syrup after juicing when it is in a glass. Serve chilled over ice. Store in tightly sealed jars or glasses in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake gently to mix any settlement before serving.
- Add the produce and 1 cup coconut water or water to a blender. Blend until smooth then use a mesh or nut bag to strain out the fibers. To do so, place the mesh bag over a bowl and pour the juice into the bag. Hold the top and squeeze the bag tightly to remove all the juice. This may need to be done repeatedly a few times. Add the juice to a glass and enjoy or store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator.