This refreshing weight loss drink tastes absolutely delicious! Fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice recipe made with apple cider vinegar that instantly jumpstarts digestion, supports losing weight, and burns fat!
Why this grapefruit apple cider vinegar juice is so great
It has been popular by demand that an apple cider vinegar drink can help you lose weight. Well grapefruit also has the same affect. The use of the right foods at the right time for weight loss purposes has rapidly gained popularity as obesity increases. This grapefruit juice recipe is loaded with healthy gut enzymes, citrus flavor, and immunity boosting vitamin C!
Plus it tastes so satisfying and delicious by itself to rev-up the metabolism, or enjoy it as a mocktail, or cocktail by adding vodka or gin for a weekend treat (just note, with alcohol it will not be the same effect for burning fat).
What goes into this drink
- Fresh red or pink grapefruit – Grapefruit is a citrus fruit that is loaded with vitamin C and fiber. When juicing, it removes the fiber but still contains the nutrients. Use either red or pink grapefruit.
- Lime – Lime citrus fruit is also loaded with vitamin C and helps to bring out and compliment the grapefruit flavor. It also works to activate digestion to start flushing things through the liver.
- Apple cider vinegar – apple cider vinegar helps to balance pH levels in the body and assists with improving digestion and releasing toxins from the body. We have a great recipe on how to make apple cider vinegar easily at home.
- Maple syrup or honey – I use maple syrup in my recipe for a vegan version but you can also mix in honey instead. It adds a bit of sweetness to cut the acidity of the citrus.
- Orange juice – we use just 1 tablespoon or 3 teaspoons to this grapefruit juice recipe which takes this beverage to another level! It’s the secret to make grapefruit juice taste really good.
How to make grapefruit juice
No blender or fancy juicer required, but you can make this in the juicer by juicing the citrus, then stir in the maple syrup, orange juice, and apple cider vinegar.
To make homemade grapefruit juice from scratch, use a hand juicer for citrus fruits and squeeze the juice of about 3 grapefruits (1 cup or 8 ounces) and 1 lime. Strain the pulp out if needed. Transfer the juice to a glass and stir in the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup (or honey). Add ice and enjoy! Feel free to add mint and extra lime slices.
Grapefruit is low in calories and high in nutrients containing Vitamins C and A, fiber, potassium, folate, magnesium, and thiamine. [source] Grapefruit juice also supports the immune system, prevents insulin resistance and diabetes, is rich in antioxidants for heart health, reduces risk of kidney stones, and is extremely hydrating.
Benefits: Burn Fat and Weight Loss
Does grapefruit burn fat and is grapefruit good for weight loss? Absolutely! The benefits of grapefruit juice are that it jumpstarts the metabolism to lose weight and here’s why.
Grapefruit is very hydrating, made up of mostly water and fiber. Foods that hydrate the body are important to push out toxins from the body that get stuck and can lead to a sluggish metabolism. The fiber helps the body to feel full for longer. So you may want to keep your grapefruit juice drink with the pulp in it to stay full longer!
One study shows that 91 obese subjects who consumed half a grapefruit before meals lost significantly more weight than those who didn’t. It truly is a fat burner miracle, although it is not determined quite why, except that insulin resistance that grapefruit promotes helps boost the metabolism. So it is important to include grapefruit in a weight reduction diet.
How often to drink
For maximum results in detoxing and weight loss, drink this grapefruit juice recipe 20 minutes before a meal.
FAQs and Expert Tips
How to make a grapefruit drink taste better? Add natural sweetener such as orange juice, honey, or maple syrup to cut the bitter taste.
Grapefruit juice is safe to drink everyday and is not necessarily bad for you unless you are on medication. If on medication, always consult with your doctor first.
Grapefruit can harm the effects and absorption of certain medication and may lead to medication interactions, such as overdose. It is not recommended to drink grapefruit juice if on medication, so please talk with your doctor first before consuming this recipe to see if it is safe for you.
Related Wellness Recipes
If you make this grapefruit juice recipe from Delightful Mom Food I would love to see your creations and share it! Follow along with me on INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE and TWITTER to be featured and for more recipe inspiration! And don’t forget to rate the recipe in the recipe area, leave a comment below, and share your results!
Grapefruit Juice Recipe Drink for Weight Loss and Fat Burn
- Use a hand juicer for citrus fruits and squeeze the juice the grapefruit (1 cup or 8 ounces) and 1 lime.
- Strain the pulp out if needed. Transfer the juice to a glass and stir in the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup. Add ice and enjoy! Feel free to add mint and extra lime slices.
- For maximum results in detoxing and weight loss, drink this grapefruit juice recipe 20 minutes before a meal.