21 healthy and easy Greek yogurt breakfast recipes to make mornings a breeze! Yogurt bowls, yogurt parfaits, and Greek yogurt bread, OHHH MY!
Happy post Thanksgiving shenanigans! How was your Thanksgiving holiday break? Ours was gloriously a long relaxing weekend. So happy to have Parent-Teacher Conference week over. That was great and all but a little challenging having a young one napping at 12:00 pick-up time. No breaks in the day that week! It was more like load kids in the car, unload kids, load toddler, go somewhere and unload toddler, load toddler, grocery shop, pick-up and load more kids in the car…then unload kids. Taxi cab future here I come with dignity and R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Or maybe I should just start calling myself Uber-MOM because that sounds way Uber-cooler.
My Thanksgiving morning started out with a bowl of this delicious maple syrup tropical yogurt bowl with crunchy GoMacro Thrive bars sprinkled on top. Greek yogurt breakfast bowls are one of my favorite breakfast foods that I eat almost daily.
GoMacro donated a box of their delicious THRIVE bars for our family to try out and we absolutely love their all natural fresh ingredients (see below to enter to win a box of your own)! They are vegan based company and their energy bars are all natural made of ancient grains with less than 200 calories per bar. We love to eat these bars for snacks, breakfast or in our Greek yogurt breakfast recipes so that we also get a few extra nutrients that compliment one another.
Anyways our Thanksgiving was fantastic! Since I love to cook and bake I joyfully enjoyed our little pot-luck style family gathering followed by flag football. Everyone brought a delicious dish to share. My sister and brother-in-law made the salad, in-laws brought the pie and the host and their house guests made everything else including the main dish. We brought the bread and stuffing. I made a large garlic herb bread, spelt flour sweet bread, orange cranberry bread (hostess gift) and gluten free pumpkin bread. I actually made too much including extras sitting at our house and have been eating homemade spelt flour herb bread every morning for breakfast. Yumm… I can not seem to get enough! Once I finish devouring the entire loaf I will be back to my daily healthy Greek yogurt breakfast recipes that are filling, delicious and packed with protein and healthy probiotics.
The most satisfying healthy breakfast recipes are those that are packed with protein, natural sugars and crunch carbohydrates. Usually my boys want some form of ‘bars' anytime of day and especially on mornings that are rushed but there are other options for those slower-pace mornings. Like eggs with toast and homemade jam, Greek yogurt topped with fresh fruit and granola or smoothie bowls with fruit and nuts. They all satisfy sugar, crunch, carbs and protein cravings (which provide sustainable energy). I vote for Greek yogurt and fresh fruit please!
Greek yogurt is actually super easy to make homemade in the slow cooker and cheaper than store bought. I have made it in the past and will share my favorite recipe with you using grass fed milk or goat milk – it is our family preference of choice for dairy.
20 Best Greek Yogurt Breakfast Recipes:
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Muffins (Grain Free)
- Greek Yogurt Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (healthy enough for breakfast topped with fruit!)
- Greek Yogurt Turmeric and Honey Overnight Oatmeal
- Low Sugar Maple Greek Yogurt Topped Waffles
- Cardamon Cherry Pecan Scones With Greek Yogurt Parfaits
- Pumpkin Spice Granola Over Greek Yogurt
- Chocolate Chip Muffins made with Greek Yogurt
- Greek Yogurt Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Greek Yogurt Gluten Free Banana Pecan Bread
- Greek Yogurt Protein Fruit Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt Parfaits by Destination Delish
- Grilled Peach Breakfast Parfait by Kitchens Sanctuary
- Banana Split Breakfast Jar by Organize Yourself Skinny
- Roasted Blueberry Parfaits by The Cake Blog
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt Chia Seed Pudding by Little Broken
- Apple Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins by Running with Spoons
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes Recipe by Natasha's Kitchen
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Banana Muffins by Chelsea's Messy Apron
- Blueberry Muffin Greek Yogurt Granola Breakfast Bowl
- Peach Pie Smoothie Bowl by Spoonful of Flavor
- Maple Greek Yogurt With Tropical Fruit and Persimmon (see below for recipe)
Healthy Benefits of Greek Yogurt:
- Good for your digestive system.
- Builds muscle thanks to that it is high in protein.
- Can get it high in fat (great for children's brain development) or fat free (looking to loose or maintain a healthy weight).
- It is a low carbohydrate food.
- Boosts immunity thanks to gut healing probiotics.
- Greek yogurt is full of iodine. Iodine keeps your thyroid in check!
Now you know there are so many fabulous options for yogurt bowls and healthy Greek yogurt breakfast recipes its time to eat healthy! Recipes such as Greek yogurt breads, scones, muffins and yogurt parfaits are so easy to make! We never buy sugar or flavored Greek yogurt for our breakfast bowls or yogurt snacks. There is so much extra sugar in there that is not needed. You can control the sugar by sweetening with a dash of maple syrup and fresh fruit on top.
I will admit I go through spurts of what Greek yogurt breakfast recipes I like best for breakfast. I start to get board of the same Greek yogurt bowls every morning. You can totally change up the typical yogurt and granola bowl by mashing up a granola bar on top. And always change up the fruit to be either tropical fruit themed like mango, banana and pineapples. Or try a very berry theme like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Or a fall theme like persimmons and apples mixed with a few tropical flavors of pineapple and banana.
GoMacro is offering Delightful Mom Food readers the discount code of Thrive30 for 30% off of their purchase for Thrive at GoMacro's online store.
- 2 cups of non-fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup diced pineapple fresh
- ½ cup mango diced or 1 persimmon, diced or cut into fun shapes
- ½ banana
- ½ cup acai berries
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 bars of GoMacro Thrive Bars crumbled or diced
- 2 Tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes optional
- In a small bowl add the Greek yogurt and honey (or maple syrup) and blend together. In two bowls add 1 cup of the Greek yogurt mixture to each bowl. Top each bowl evenly with persimmon fruit (or mango), pineapple chunks, banana, acai berries, coconut flakes and GoMacro Bars.
- Serve with a glass of fresh water with lime juice (optional as it is alkaline for the body).
*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of GoMacro, but all opinions and text are my own.