Mashing ripe avocados combined with mango turns a traditional guacamole recipe into a smashing sweet and savory treat! Serve this gluten free vegan snack with chips or as an addition to taco salads.
Super Bowl Sunday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I totally have football food on my mind like a fresh yummy guacamole recipe. I have to admit I have not been keeping up with sports lately since I have been busy being CEO of my household. But, I sure do love watching the game and I sure do love a good reason for a party. Guacamole caters to almost everyone's liking and since it is so healthy I plan on making a big batch of this for game day.
How to create yummy mango guacamole (Video):
A couple of weeks ago my girlfriend gave me a giant bag full of fresh avocados from her tree. They were not ripe yet, but placing them in a brown grocery bag and folding the top closed will ripen them in about 5-7 days. Well guess what? We had a plethora of ripe avocados ready to mash up into salad dressings and condiments.
Guacamole dip is traditionally made using avocados, sea salt, lime and herbs. To change it up, some are made by adding tomato, onion garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper and even basil. I decided to sweeten our version by adding freshly diced mango and red bell peppers. But you can leave out the mango if you choose. I recommend this mango guacamole recipe for little ones. The ingredients are small enough that toddlers can eat it and includes a full serving of healthy fats, fruit and vegetables. Little c loved it!
Some restaurants serve guacamole with sour cream added to it. This helps to extend the shelf life keeping avocados from browning but so does lime and lemon juice. Really you don't need to add any fillers. Enjoy this super healthy, yummy, chunky fabulous avocado dip!
- 1 rip avocado
- 1/4 cup diced mango or 1/2 cup for an even sweeter chunkier guacamole
- 1 Tablespoon finely diced red bell peppers
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced green bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon juice of a lime
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Slice up the avocado using a knife trying not to poke through the skin and using a spoon remove the "meat" from the skin.
- In a large bowl combine avocado, diced mango, red and green peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- With a fork, mash up the avocado ingredients until creamy. Serve with chips, topped on cooked fish, or as a salad ingredient.