These chocolate drizzled No-Bake Quinoa, Pumpkin & Peanut Oat Cookie treats are perfect to bring to any party! They are healthy, packed with protein and take no time to make!
I am not solely gluten free, and my husband would probably go through crazy gluten withdraw if we had to be, but I still try to make recipes this way if I can.
This can be made two ways… stiffer with more oats and chocolate drizzled on top (delicious!) or softer with nuts around it and chocolate drizzled on top (delicious!) My son would not try the nut version, but LOVES the one with more oats. So here you have it- both recipes split. I would love to know what you think and which you prefer. I like both! Either version they are super protein packed with quinoa, oats, & peanut butter… and the perfect adding is the pumpkin puree for a little bit of nutritious vegetables into this flavorful treat!
No-Bake Protein Pumpkin Peanut Oat Cookies [Gluten Free]Print Pin Rate
- 1 cup of confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa I make a big batch then use some for dinner too
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of Cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan salt best kind for you in my opinion
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips melted (can use vegan)
- Combine the confectioners' sugar, quinoa, butter, peanut butter, honey canned pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, salt & 1/2 cup oats in a bowl or a food processor to smooth and blend well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the dough into 1 Tbsp. balls on the pan 1/4-inch apart. You should have about 16 balls total. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Separate balls- 8 on each side. Using 8 balls, mold with your hands into a circle and roll into pecans to cover full. Set on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- With the other 8 balls, throw into a mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of oats. Blend well then roll into 8 1 Tbsp. size balls. Place onto the same lined parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or oven. Using a fork drizzle melted chocolate over your pumpkin peanut balls. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.