Clean eating is a way of life and a lifestyle of avoiding foods that are processed or refined, which may contain nitrates, chemicals, and pesticides, By eliminating these you reduce your exposure to free radicals that can harm your system and cause disease.
WHAT IS CLEAN EATING
Clean eating is a phrase that has become very popular in the past five years. It is a way of life. By avoiding foods that are processed or refined, which may contain nitrates, chemicals, and pesticides, you reduce your exposure to free radicals that can harm your system and cause disease. Clean eating is choosing foods that are in their most natural state and form, free of chemicals and being processed. By choosing ingredients in their most natural, whole state, including clean animal- or plant- based proteins, and preparing them in healthy fats, you reduce inflammation in your body, balance your pH levels, and improve vitality! Below I share a list of valuable clean eating sources.
A simple way to jump-start the body, lose weight, and improve digestion in a few simple days is to start any clean eating regimen with drinking any of these detox water drinks or this apple cider water drink each morning right upon wakening. What it does is ignites your gut health and activates it into full gear to start working properly at the start of the day.
Your body has the power to heal and it recognizes all the impurities that have found their way into our soil, food, and water as toxic. When your body and liver are overloaded, fat cells are created to enrobe and store these toxins. That is the number 1 factors of obesity (along with toxic plastic in everything, although that is hard to avoid these days fully).
Once you begin to eliminate sugars, refined flours, processed foods, and common allergens that work their way into foods, you will notice decreased inflammation and foods digest easier, because your digestive system is given a chance to rest. You will feel more alive and rejuvenated, and you will feel rebooted!
10 Clean Eating Tips To Start Today
Getting clear and getting focused on how and why you are nourishing yourself is key to your success. I invite you to follow these steps and suggestions so you can maximize your results and get nourished.
- Grab a journal. Journaling can be a very healing experience during your detox and clean eating journey. The practice also provides you with a sense of accountability. We learn best and have the most success seeing, hearing and visualizing. Write down your goals and say them out loud. Then visualize yourself and image how you feel upon your goal.
- Get clear on the mentality of a Reset. What is clean eating? What it is not, is a diet. You are embarking on a healing journey. Diets do not work. Instead, you are resetting your body, mind, and spirit.
- Detox your kitchen and home environment, including makeup, lotions, supplements, and even people in your life. Begin to reduce the foods that may be causing havoc on your body such as sugar, alcohol, and caffeine. This step is key to feeling your best self. I personally shop all of my home essentials, make-up, and cleaning supplies from a non-toxic, cleaner, greener source and love it! Read here how to Detox your Kitchen: Detox Kitchen Hacks.
- Workout and get moving. Commit to sweating 3-5 days a week for at least 15-30 minutes each workout, even if it’s just walking. Get moving! Try new things until you find something you love – e.g., yoga, spinning, Zumba, rebounding, dancing, home workouts, weight lifting, or running to name a few.
- Begin to check in with your body and think RESET.
- Start drinking more water. I suggest drinking 64 ounces a day of good pure clean water with lemon. Feel free to sip warm water throughout the day to flush your lymphatic system and support detox such as this cucumber orange water, lemon cucumber mint detox water, or these infused detox water recipes. These are wonderful substitutes for sugary soda drinks.
- Meal prep your meals. Have fun so you can make shopping for your meals a new lifestyle habit. Since I tend to have more time on the weekends, I usually spend one morning preparing at least 3-5 meals I’d like to eat and re-eat during the week so when I’m busy, I’m not tempted by the quickest fix.
- Be super proud of yourself for the direction you are taking. I am proud of you. Honor yourself each night by lighting your favorite smelling candle to represent the new in your life or buy a smudge stick and follow the instructions for smudging (which is a ceremony of letting go of what does not serve us anymore). Know that all of your health goals can be reached. It just takes a little education and guidance. Know that you have complete control over how you look and feel and that THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVER!
- Take before pictures and after pictures of your body, your face, and your glow. During any clean eating program or process, this can be a great way to stay motivated and keep working to reach your goals.
- Practice saying your affirmations. Here are three of my favorites:
I choose health. I forgive. I love myself. I also put up a list of more affirmations such as the amount of money I want to make, how I want to show up in the world, and how I want to better myself and family. Make your own and repeat every day and every night.
Remember, learning what clean eating is takes time to sometimes develop. I am always here to show you how and the good news is it can be done at any time no matter how busy you are. Let’s bring your body back into balance.
Lets learn all about what is clean eating together because you are meant to shine!
Clean Eating Resources
Get your meats delivered to your home! Grass-fed and finished sustainable meats and seafood raised without antibiotics.
My Shop Club –
Get all your home essentials delivered to your home and they are so affordable! We order from here every month to our home non-toxic, sustainable, greener, plant-based home essentials including laundry detergents, cleaners, body care, essential oils, protein bars and shakes, makeup, facial creams and cleansers, toothpaste, medicine's and more!
Grab all your organic produce deliver to your door! 20% off to NEW members, use coupon code “Harvest20″
Cheers to healthy living and what is clean eating. You don't know till you know and now you know!